<Friday, April 1/16>
- I feel like this whole week – ever since Monday – has been “down the rabbit hole.” Yikes. Yikes, sheesh & OMG.
- People drive me crazy. Are driving me crazy. We’re all crazy! (Me too, I know, I know.)
- I watch old episodes of the Lou Grant show lately. If I have a good novel to read, I read – but my patience for nonsense in novels is at an all-time low. That last one I read? & the one after it that I tried to read? Give me strength. Yay for old Lou Grant episodes. (& really good novels. 🙂 )
- Last night I had beer & popcorn for supper. (& watched Lou Grant…)
- I’m really not sure how much more craziness I’m up for. You??
- Some days I feel a little … twitchy. Today seems to be one of them. Like I’m kind of …spinning.
- I sure do love birds a lot. I hear their chitter-chatter outside my apartment window (even in the winter. Well, you know, that winter-that-wasn’t-really-a-winter). This morning I heard seagulls, a woodpecker, & a cardinal (or two). Nice…
- I am really tired of everyone on the planet acting as though s/he is the only person in the world. Hogging more than her/his fair share of space – at the library (as just happened) … on the streetcar (some folks really need lessons in manners, hmmm?). Not watching where they’re walking along the sidewalk ‘cos they’re so caught up in that little device in their hands, hmmm? Talking way too loud on said device. You know, I think those little devices are helping make us all crazy (crazier). Just sayin.
- I cannot believe the earnestness of the two women I saw on the subway today – intently discussing the one woman’s plans to renovate her kitchen. Earnestness personified. Whoa…
- In this the year 2016, I agonize over such minutiae as buying a cup of coffee when I don’t have my reusable mug with me. Finding a kind of shampoo that isn’t full of dangerously toxic chemicals. Buying fruit that isn’t organic. The entire bloody world is going/has gone utterly to Hell in a hand basket all around me – & I’m still worrying about my own tiny morsels of garbage or waste. Meanwhile, living in the midst of an ocean of toxic air & sludge & a 1001 varieties of sick corruption. Sheesh. What a nut!? 🙁 🙂
p.s. the day after I posted this, I came across The New Lifeboat Hour series FIRST AID FOR CATACLYSM, in 3 parts. As I type this p.s. I am listening to the first one. I’ll add in this info to my near-term extinction resources page.
‘Quote of the day’ with this post: “All great spirituality is about what we do with our pain. If we do not transform our pain, we will transmit it to those around us.” – Richard Rohr
Bonus Quote: “Many of the things we all struggle with in love and work can be helped by conversation. Without conversation, studies show that we are less empathic, less connected, less creative and fulfilled. We are diminished, in retreat.” – from Reclaiming Conversation – The Power of Talk in a Digital Age, by Sherry Turkle (trust me, the book is a must-read!!)