** note on Sept. 27/13: this is wildly obsolete now!! It was written way back when... (Had been meaning to do a posting about the ongoing Fukushima crisis for weeks. Finally did so on April 26/12, 26th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident. I've since added more recent items - most recent being July 5th.)
Been hearing plenty of bad news about Fukushima for weeks now. It feels overwhelming at times… Anyway, here are some links. Will add more in at the top when I hear of new ones (& when I have time).
- Fukushima reactor meltdown was a man-made disaster, says official report. - July 5/12.
- How to avoid a nuclear meltdown: Question Authority. - July 5/12.
- Spent fuel pool in Japan's Fukushima could start nuclear fire - June 26/12.
- Former head of Japan's # 1 newspaper worked with CIA to promote nuclear power - May 31/12.
- Incinerating radioactive sewage sludge could contaminate environment [Duh] - May 22/12.
- Concerns Grow Over Stability of Japan Nuclear Plant (article in Stars & Stripes) - May 23/12.
- Japanese MD: Contamination from Fukushima Daiichi now spreading all over world — There may be radiation damage in other countries (VIDEO) - May 16/12.
- Fukushima Radiation Release is Worse than You Have Been Told - What You Can Do to Protect Yourself - May 14/12.
- Interviews w. Arnie Gundersen, here + video of Gundersen talking Fukushima [May 11/12.]
- Greenpeace International Fukushima Nuclear Crisis Update [May 11/12.]
- Urgent Request to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon [dated May 1/12]
- Epidemiology Scientist: The slower you spread radiation dose, the more effectively it produces cancer and inherited defects — “Japan is going the very best way in the world for destroying the human race” (1993 VIDEO) [Post is dated April 25/12.]
- Why Fukushima is a greater disaster than Chernobyl and a Warning Sign for the U.S. [April 20/12.]
- Fukushima Daiichi: Inside the debacle [April 20/12.]
- Fukushima Daiichi Unit 4 high-level radioactive waste storage pool at risk of catastrophic fire [April 19/12.]
- The Top Short-Term Threat to Humanity - The fuel pools of Fukushima [April 7/12.]
- Fukushima Daiichi Site: Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Chernobyl Accident [April 3/12.]
- What We Learned from Fukushima - Helen Caldicott talk [April 2/12 - 58 minute film] Includes: how nukes work / nuclear arms & nuclear energy = utterly intertwined / how & why sociopaths rise to the top /American politics & the arms race / why she feels women are pathetic (you gotta see her say this!!) / nukes & climate change (no carbon emissions, my ….ass!!) / so-called “routine releases” from nuclear power plants / tritium - seriously underrated risk minimized by the nuclear industry / her son's recently-diagnosed medical condition / Los Alamos scientists & stuff they did/said when working on the bomb
- Fukushima - radiation so high even robots not safe (7.14) [March 30/12.]
** MUST-SEE YOU TUBE **: Frying Dutchman & ‘Human Error’ [Uploaded on January 16/12.] It’ll blow your mind…
Other Sites to Check Out / Follow:
- Beyond Nuclear
- CCNR for resources on nuclear accidents ++
- Energy News
- ** Enformable
- ExSkf Blog
- Fairewinds Associates
- Fukushima Diary
- Fukushima Forum
- Fukushima Response
- Fukushima Update
- The Fukushima Project (Simply Info)
& an on-line book called Fukushima: A Nuclear War without a War - the Unspoken Crisis of Worldwide Nuclear Radiation.
** & perhaps other Facebook sites I’m unaware of. I don’t even pretend to keep up with Facebook…
P.S.This is all tough stuff, &, not gonna lie to you, it does get me down at times. I can honestly say, though, that action is always the surest antidote for despair. So I stay active. I walk most days, & I hang out with other activists (mostly those doing anti-nuclear work). It’s hard to stay in that place of despair when you’re using your voice & your life to change things. Sur works for me, anyway!!
P.P.S. Many good nuke-related resources/quotes here