On today’s glorious bike ride alongside Lake Ontario, it came to me that I’d like to award a series of honorary doctorate degrees to a number of individuals & groups/organizations that are fine upstanding examples of some wonderful (sometimes awful) human qualities/tendencies/achievements.
To the podium, PULLESE!
- All my women friends – for doctorate degrees in “We sure know how to have fun!!” We have challenging families/lives/partners/jobs/divorces/illnesses/you-name-it – but we sure still know how to laugh & have fun!
- Failure to thrive awards to a # of people for whom I feel considerable compassion for their persistent failure/refusal to grow & to open themselves up to the great joy & potential that is available to all of us here on Planet Earth – provided we choose to yank our heads out of our own backsides, choose joy, & learn to live in the present moment!
- Ph.D.’s in Deliberate Obfuscation/Deceit to the nuclear industry in general (geez, probably MOST corporations, as far as that goes) & the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission in particular for cloaking their operations in secrecy & deceit & junk science & high-falutin’ pseudo-scientific jargon so “average” citizens will stay away in DROVES – & allow them to keep right on with their planet-destroying, nuclear waste-creating, inevitable nuclear accident-making (& clearly very-very-very profitable) efforts to ruin our beautiful planet forever. Creeps.
- Ph.D.’s in human excellence to the 10’s & 100’s & 10’s of 1000’s of stubborn, brave, determined souls who do NOT ignore the evidence of our eyes & ears that our wonderful, incomparable, abundant, beautiful planet is being hacked & polluted to bits. We may lose “the war” but we will sure go down trying!!! & caring, & being inspired by one another to keep right on keeping on.
- Ph.D.’s in Pooh-Poohing to all those people/institutions feeling the need to persistently pooh-pooh (& otherwise block) any signs of growth or inspiration or change among the people/institutions in their lives – & who hang on to their power, such as it is – in their too-often successful attempts to impose their own failure to grow/change/evolve on people & a world they only claim to love & care about. Bums.
‘Quote of the day’ with this post: “Don’t fight forces – use them.” – Buckminster Fuller
Runners-up:“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” (Albert Einstein, 1879 – 1955) & “Life is change...Growth is optional...Choose wisely...” (Karen Kaiser Clark) & “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the one most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” (Charles Darwin)