Just picked up a copy of The Book of Awesome & want to buy about 100 copies & hand them out to everyone I know - & any sad-eyed strangers I happen to meet.
Such a wonderful idea & book!!
(I hadn’t checked out the 1000 Awesome Things Web site. Though I have my own blog, I’m usually kept pretty busy just writing/working/processing routine emails & things, so I don’t “surf” the Internet, really, at all.)
I happened to be in a bookstore to pick up another book, & spotted The Book of Awesome & couldn’t resist.
The book made me smile - & laugh - & even brought a tear to my eye & … listen!
The world’s in lotsa trouble. Heaven alone knows what’s coming around the next bend. Could get pretty awful! We need to work to keep our spirits up (at least that’s what I think!)
Get yourself a copy of The Book of Awesome &/or borrow a copy from the library &/or from a friend, & … you will not be sorry!
P.S. Just a few awesome things the author enjoys that I do as well:
- Popping bubble wrap (page 29)
- Bakery air (page 48)
- Using hotel lobby bathrooms when you’re out walking around (page 55)
- A long hug when you really need it (page 176)
- When you hear someone’s smile over the phone (page 260)
- The first shower you take after not showering for a really long time (page 325)
- Finding money in your old coat pocket (page 365)
Well. I could go on….
Just buy/borrow the book & give yourself a little joy, willya??
‘Quote of the day’ w. this post: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African proverb