A film you gotta see!!
I didn’t take notes when I watched it, & I’m sorry about that now.
But this is a film that will educate & surprise you, inform you & inspire you. No kidding!!
Filmmaker/activist Michael Moore is a brave & seemingly tireless advocate for “average citizens” like you & me. Not the bigshots, although presumably by now he’s made a buck or two himself.
He is down-to-earth, compassionate, caring – & also very courageous. I don’t know too many people who have his kind of chutzpah, that’s for sure.
A friend I told about the film said to me, “Why is there only one Michael Moore??”
Anyway, watch the film, okay? You won’t regret it, I promise!
P.S. Some relevant quotations from the film “Home - A Hymn for the Planet.”
- “Sharing is everything.”
- “What’s important is not what’s gone, but what remains.”
- “We all have the power to change, so what are we waiting for?”
Some other quotations, just ‘cos I feel like it:
- “Insanity: doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
- “Mourn the dead. Fight for the living.” – (spotted this one on a war memorial down by the Ottawa River in Pembroke, Ontario)
- “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” – Karen Kaiser Clark
- “When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge.” – Tuli Kupferberg