I've become something of an expert on this. Dealing with centipedes, I mean. Here you go: 6 easy steps!
- Give customary screech of surprise upon first encounter.
- Leave room to obtain running shoe with which to kill the intruder.
- Return ... slowly. Slowly, slowly, slowwwwwwly.
- Gaze upon location where sighting took place. By now, Centipede will have scurried away to some invisible new hiding place. (They DO have 100 legs, after all...)
- Rejoice! Smile, celebrate, do a happy dance. Another centipede encounter has been survived!! :) :) :) You have triumphed yet again!!!
- Pat self on back, & get on with day...
'Quote of the day' with this post:
4 Rules for Life
- Show up.
- Pay attention.
- Tell the truth.
- Don’t be attached to the results.
– Angeles Arrien, U.S. teacher, author (1940 – )
Runner-up for Q. of the day:
“The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.” – Kahlil Gibran