<from Teske’s Spin Farm> Ingredients:
- ½ cup garlic scapes (top, flowery part removed), cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 heaping Tbsp. walnuts or nut of your choice (optional) ** I used walnuts
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano cheese (I bought the cheese & grated; no pre-grated for me, thanks!!)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- Place scapes & nuts in the bowl of a food processor (or hand blender, or blender) & whiz until well combined & somewhat smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in oil & process until integrated.
- With a rubber spatula, scoop pesto out of bowl & into a mixing bowl.
- Add cheese to taste; add salt & pepper (if indeed you remember the pepper; I forgot it!?).
Keeps up to 1 week in fridge, or freeze it.
Wickedly, sinfully delicious!!!
p.s. I bought the garlic scapes at the Deep River farmers’ market when I was up there. Had never bought or used them before, & was thrilled to see the pesto recipe with them. I’m a very un-practiced, unsophisticated cook, pretty new to pesto-making (made my first batch last year with the gobs of fresh basil from a friend’s garden, where I was house-sitting). This pesto is to die for. Thank you thank you thank you, Teske’s Spin Farm!!
p.p.s. I love farmers' markets!!!!!
'Quote of the day' with this post: “No burden is heavy if everyone lifts.” ~ Sy Wise