- I am a verrrrry slow learner.
- Relationships are the whole darn ball of wax in this life. You know??
- Being single sucks (sometimes). But then, being in a mucked-up relationship no doubt sucks too. & some of the people I know are probably actually lonelier in-side their relationships, than I am without one. So there you go.
- Learning to be grateful for what I have – as opposed to lamenting what I don’t have, or have lost (or maybe never had) – transformed my life. No word of a lie.
- Goats are a hoot! Wish they wouldn’t bully poor little Freddie, though. I guess goats are like people. & people are like goats. & people are like sheep. (I could go on.)
- It’s a pretty crazy (not to say perilous, although I could say perilous) world…isn’t it?
- Swimming is AWEsome. (So is sleeping outside in a tent.) Such simple things, eh??
- The hanging drying rack at C & B’s is very cool.
- CD is an absolutely amazing massage therapist. Hooey!! I feel like a brand-new HB (human bean)…no kidding!
- There is a TON of stuff on this planet I don’t have a frickin’ clue about.
- There is still (always) so much to learn!
- Then too, I am not dead yet.
- (Eeek!! In fact sometimes, I swear, I am about as dumb as a bag of hammers. Sheesh!!)
- Then too, I am not dead yet. (Did I already say that??)
- I need to take a break from e-mail from time to time. Note to world: This summer, I am going to do just that!!
‘Quote of the day’ with this post: “Thomas Merton, the Trappist monk and social activist, once said that as he grew older he came to understand that it was not ideas that change the world but simple gestures of love given to the people around you, and often to those you feel most at odds with. He said that in order to save the world you must serve the people in your life. ‘You gradually struggle less and less for an idea,’ Merton wrote, ‘and more and more for specific people. In the end, it is the reality of personal relationship that saves everything.’” – from Broken Open – How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow, by Elizabeth Lesser
Runners-up for Q of the day:
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ~ Rumi
“War is what happens when language fails.” ― Margaret Atwood