p.s. on Aug.6/13: Listen here to Fairewinds Associates Arnie Gundersen share his remarks at the Pickering relicensing hearing. Theme? 40 years & 1 bad day. There have been a few fun & light (& definitely some inspiring) moments here today [May 29/13] so far, but altogether too often I keep feeling my blood boil.
So here are 5 questions I’d like to pose at this point (5:30 pm on Day 1):
- How much profit does the nuclear industry clear every day from its sales of energy from the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station?
- How many employees with salaries over $100,000 are there at Pickering? How many over $500,000?
- If the nuclear industry is as “transparent” as it claims to be, why are individuals & NGOs forced to pursue complicated FOI (freedom of information) requests, many of which never do result in the production of the information requested?
- Is anyone in this absurd spider web of bloated bureaucracies/bureacrats able to actually believe even a fraction of the bumph, bafflegab & bullshit that is on offer here today??
- How DO people sleep at night, knowing how much damage their cushy salary & lifestyle source (i.e., the nuclear industry) is doing to the planet & the health of the real, live people who suck up the nasty consequences?