A partial list of what I've been listening to/reading/watching today:
- Fairewinds: Latest podcast
- 'Atomic States of America' film discussion/interview w. film director/book author (film trailer here)
- Mountain of Waste 70 Miles High -- Dec. 1-3/12 Chicago conference proceedings
- Kristen Iversen discussing her book Full Body Burden (book review here)
- Dark Circle (film) clips
- Sickening pro-nuke garbage (with simultaneous debunking) -- This drivel will shock even some pro-nukers with its cavalier attitude & proposal to leave nuke accident survivors where they are.
- Heartening interview with Jeremy Rifkin (6 minutes on why nukes are dead; please circulate this one widely!!)
- Petition against TEPCO here (scroll down to find English translation) ++ plenty about Japanese anti-nuclear heroine leading the charge, Muto Ruiko
- No Nukes News: resilience
p.s. yes -- it's been an odd-ish sort of day...
'Quote for the day' with this post: “We Americans are locked in an asylum for the criminally insane with the criminally insane, and they are armed to the hilt. We are in a dangerous place. Yet we continue to call ourselves free. Psychosis and delusion is not freedom.” – Charles Sullivan in ‘Contesting the Systems of Power’