I hope these will make sense to you. And be useful; otherwise, what would be the point??
- A = Act! Be active Life = Adventure! Appreciate things to the max.
- B = BUP = Be. Utterly. Present. Be a good friend. (& books. Ah, books, books, books.)
- C = Celebrate (the wise dudes say this is really what life is actually really all about). Choose joy, & celebration (choice is pivotal!)
- D = Do the right thing (simple but useful life guideline). Dance (whenever you can!).
- E = Enjoy other people’s triumphs & joys. Eat organic (whenever possible).
- F = Fear-based living? Kinda sucks, doesn’t it?? Friends/friendship = what it’s all about. Find your calling.
- G = Grow up or even just grow… period. Gratitude: it will change your life! (& make you grow!). Give in to generous impulses.
- H = Hoarding? Yech. Give it up. Hugs? No such thing as too many hugs (or too many friends).
- I = Intuition: cultivate it. Inspiration: ditto.
- J = Joy. Jail: get out of it, fast!
- K = Kindness: cultivate it. Kangaroos have more fun (private joke ).
- L = Live fully. Love life! Lighten up. Lotus flowers are everywhere.
- M = Moods: they come & go; just ride ‘em. Magic? All around us! Music?
- N = No whining, no wallowing. (Well, sure; some… just keep it to a bare minimum!!)
- O = Open your eyes. Open your heart. Open up, & oh ... everything? One day at a time.
- P = Possibility: court it…welcome it…invoke it. (Hint: conversation, music, gratitude & walking multiply it quite magically! )
- Q = Quotations: let them inspire you.
- R = Rivers. Ah, rivers… Protect them with your life! (Also, Rumi: see quotes below.)
- S = SMILE! As often as humanly possible. SING (ditto). Share.
- T = Thank people. Tell the truth. Talk: such a healer it is. Tomorrow is another day.
- U = Use public transportation (it makes you feel good!). Be sure to use your voice, also.
- V = Vow to … act, be grateful, be useful, walk, smile, etc. etc.
- W = Waste nothing: time, resources, energy, potential. Wisdom: cultivate it. Walk. Wake up. Wake up, wake up, wake up!! & whatever you do, watch this! Wow!!
- X = X-rays are bad for your health; keep 'em to a minimum!!
- Y = “Your wealth is where your friends are.” – Plato. (It’s true!! )
- Z = Zap blame, zap judgment, zap negativity. Get your zip back!
Quotes to go along **
- “Be truthful, gentle and fearless.” – Gandhi
- “Dwell in possibility.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Energy always flows either toward hope, community, love, generosity, mutual recognition, and spiritual aliveness or it flows toward despair, cynicism, fear that there is not enough, paranoia about the intentions of others, and a desire to control.” – Rabbi Michael Lerner
- “Example is not the main thing in influencing others; it’s the only thing.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” – Karen Kaiser Clark
- “Life is the ultimate teacher, but it is usually through experience and not scientific research that we discover its deepest lessons. A certain percentage of those who have survived near-death experiences speak of a common insight which afforded a glimpse of life’s basic lesson plan. We are all here for a single purpose: to grow in wisdom and to learn to love better. We can do this through losing as well as through winning, by having and by not having, by succeeding or failing. All we need to do is to show up openhearted for class. So fulfilling life’s purpose may depend more on how we play than what we are dealt.” – Rachel Naomi Remen in Kitchen Table Wisdom – Stories that Heal
- “What’s important is not what’s gone, but what remains.” – from the film ‘Home: A Hymn for the Planet’
- “Why should we all use our creative power? … Because there is nothing that makes people so generous, joyful, lively, bold and compassionate, so indifferent to fighting and the accumulation of objects and money.” – Brenda Ueland
- “Your wealth is where your friends are.” – Plato
- “Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.” – Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet & Sufi mystic
More Rumi wisdom:
Respond to every call
that excites your spirit.
Ignore those that make you fearful
and sad, that degrade you
back toward disease and death.” – Rumi
“Learn the alchemy true human beings know. The moment you accept what troubles you’ve been given, the door will open.” – Rumi
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.” – Rumi
** Being “the queen of quotations” (well, Angela says so ), I could go on. But these will do for here, for now. Tons more listed here…