*** Scroll down for the postings – they’re down below the quotations. All vaccine-related postings are listed on the right-hand side of the page, down below the quotations (topmost on the list is the most recent).
“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: the growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.” – Alex Carey ** more quotes about politics/democracy
“Half of what you'll learn in medical school will be shown to be either dead wrong or out of date within five years of your graduation; the trouble is that nobody can tell you which half – so the most important thing to learn is how to learn on your own.” – Advice from Dave Sackett, the father of evidence-based medicine, in this BMJ item ‘Thoughts for new medical students at a new medical school’ which came to me via this item on the Children’s Health Defense site (many great quotations from doctors in the posting Vaccination: Dissenting Doctors Have Their Say)
“What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?” – Ursula K. LeGuin
“I imagine there’s probably so much quiet where you are when you’re cold and dead, you might as well say how crazy you are about people while you have a mouth and teeth and tongue.” ~ Fictional character Ruth in The Book of Ruth, by Jane Hamilton
“Normal is someone you don’t know very well.” – Joe Ancis
“The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.” – Kahlil Gibran
Puddle Theory: Interesting musing on “intelligent design” from Douglas Adams: “This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, ‘This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn’t it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!’ This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.”
WHOSE JOB IS IT? This is a story about four people named EVERYBODY, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY and NOBODY. There was an important job to be done and EVERYBODY was asked to do it. EVERYBODY was sure SOMEBODY would do it, but NOBODY did it. SOMEBODY got angry about that because it was EVERYBODY’s job. EVERYBODY thought ANYBODY could do it but NOBODY realized that EVERYBODY wouldn’t do it. It ended up that EVERYBODY blamed SOMEBODY when NOBODY did what ANYBODY could have done. (Source now long forgotten!?)
“The great end of life is not knowledge but action.” – Thomas Henry Huxley ** more quotes about action
“Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use.” – Ruth Gordon ** more quotes about courage
“The most revolutionary thing one can do is always to proclaim loudly what is happening.” – Rosa Luxemburg
“I do not want to talk about what you understand about this world. I want to know what you will do about it. I do not want to know what you hope. I want to know what you will work for. I do not want your sympathy for the needs of humanity. I want your muscle.” ~ Robert Fulghum
“A clear conscience is more valuable than wealth.” – Filipino proverb ** more quotes about conscience
“Each day we are born again to start our life anew. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
“Hoard each joyous moment that comes to you. No one knows how it will all end.” – Háfiz
“Just to live is holy. To be is a blessing.” – Rabbi Abraham Heschel
– Recent Posts –
recent posts By Month
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- Feb 27, 2019 Measles Resources
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 31, 2018 Vaccines: # Biggest. Irony. Ever!
- Mar 29, 2018 Vaccine Hesitancy, eh?
- Mar 25, 2018 Myths that don’t serve us … & what to do now?
- Mar 25, 2018 10 Things It Took Me Far Too Long to Grasp
- Mar 25, 2018 Force of Habit
- Mar 25, 2018 Today was a shit show
- Mar 10, 2018 Motherhood: It sure keeps us humble!
- Mar 9, 2018 Hashtags for Hire
- Mar 6, 2018 Dear Abigail / Young Mom
- Mar 4, 2018 Gems I'll Return To
- February 2018
- Jan 31, 2018 Fog Advisory!
- Jan 29, 2018 Chemtrails, the Ozone Layer … & simple common sense
- Jan 16, 2018 Vaccines: Quotations page
- Jan 9, 2018 Collections
- Dec 30, 2017 Stirring up the Shit (& making it personal)
- Dec 29, 2017 Waiting for the End of the World
- Dec 19, 2017 Father Knows Best. Whaaaaaat????
- Dec 19, 2017 Getting Over Ourselves
- Dec 16, 2017 What does it MEAN??
- Dec 13, 2017 Dill Pickle Story
- Dec 6, 2017 It ain't over!
- Dec 6, 2017 Dénouement
- Dec 5, 2017 What Jane Fonda said
- Dec 2, 2017 Someone else's grocery list
- Dec 2, 2017 Why we are control freaks (I think)
- November 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Vaccines: It's Flu (Shot) Season!
- Oct 29, 2017 Vaccines: My Biggest Surprise?
- Oct 26, 2017 One day in the parking lot, after some tears...
- Oct 15, 2017 #WASF #We.Are.Still.Here
- Oct 3, 2017 Science. Scientists. Scientism. Pedestals. Religion, too. & cherry-picking
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Truth
- Apr 26, 2017 Canoe Trips
- Apr 24, 2017 Oblivious. Authorities. Masks. Toast. Grief. Flowers. Purpose. Etc.
- Apr 20, 2017 The Other
- Apr 5, 2017 Learning to Walk
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 31, 2016 Man of the Year. Quote of the Year!
- Dec 30, 2016 What I had in mind, & what I got
- Dec 29, 2016 Fly on the Wall
- Dec 29, 2016 Parenthood
- Dec 28, 2016 Nobody is telling us the truth!
- Dec 24, 2016 Christmas Wish for the World
- Dec 23, 2016 Mantras to Live By
- Dec 22, 2016 Thanksgiving
- Dec 20, 2016 Hearts. Broken & … not
- Dec 18, 2016 Christmas 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 One Day on the Streetcar. Being kind…
- Dec 3, 2016 Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z
- Nov 23, 2016 Vaccine Injuries: the untold story
- Nov 17, 2016 The Apocalypse Cometh
- Nov 13, 2016 Elephants in the Room: some thoughts…
- Nov 10, 2016 Vaccines: ‘Vaxxed’ Film … & Ironies
- Nov 6, 2016 Lollipops & Roses (not) & a great morning I had one day recently…
- Nov 4, 2016 Existential Dread
- Nov 4, 2016 Talking. About talking
- Nov 2, 2016 Quotes: My Top 10
- Oct 30, 2016 Gallows Humour **
- Sep 2, 2016 Vaccines: My Friends’ Stories. Warriors
- August 2016
- Jul 21, 2016 Vaccines: the Canadian Scene
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: 12 Things You May Not Know + Quotes, Resources, Article links
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: My “Elevator Pitch”