Quotations for Now
*** Scroll down for the postings. (They're down below the quotations.) Vaccine-related postings are listed in a column on the right-hand side of the page, down below the quotations (topmost on the list is the most recent).
“I can’t understand why people are afraid of new ideas. I’m afraid of the old ones.” – John Cage
“Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“Be brave!” – Del Bigtree (who made the documentary ‘Vaxxed,’) says this all the time. Watch the latest episode of ‘Highwire’ to see why we need to become brave! *** lots of great quotations about courage here.
“Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.” – E.O. Wilson, biologist & naturalist
“Frederick Douglass taught that literacy is the path from slavery to freedom. There are many kinds of slavery and many kinds of freedom, but reading is still the path.” – Carl Sagan (I found it here)
“No matter how far you’ve gone down a wrong road, TURN BACK!” – Source unknown
“First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Socialists and the Trade Unionists, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me.” – Pastor Martin Niemoeller (1892-1964), a Nazi victim who was imprisoned at Sachsenhausen & Dachau (different versions of this quote exist. You can buy postcards of it here.)
“Truth is the only safe ground to stand on.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton (more truth quotes)
“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” – George Orwell
Alexander McCall Smith has the character Angus Lordie say, in Bertie’s Guide to Life and Mothers, “He [psychiatrist Dr. Macgregor] told me that the solution to so many problems is to talk about them. If you talk freely about a problem, then you take away its power to distress you.”
“I was stunned. I was, and I knew it, an ordinary person who long after he was grown up retained the childhood assumption that the people who largely control our lives are somehow better informed than, and have judgment superior to, the rest of us; that they are more intelligent. Not until Vietnam did I finally realize that some of the most important decisions of all time can be made by men knowing really no more than, and who are not more intelligent than, most of the rest of us. That it was even possible that my own opinions and judgment could be as good as and maybe better than a politician’s who made a decision of profound consequence. Some of that childhood awe and acceptance of authority remained, and while I was sitting … it seemed presumptuous that ordinary Simon Morley should question the judgment of this board. And of the men in Washington who agreed with it. Yet I knew I had to. And was going to.” (from the amazing novel Time and Again'by Jack Finney – published in 1970)
“Each day we are born again to start our life anew. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
“Hoard each joyous moment that comes to you. No one knows how it will all end.” – Háfiz
“Just to live is holy. To be is a blessing.” – Rabbi Abraham Heschel
– Recent Posts –
recent posts By Month
- April 2019
- March 2019
- Feb 27, 2019 Measles Resources
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 31, 2018 Vaccines: # Biggest. Irony. Ever!
- Mar 29, 2018 Vaccine Hesitancy, eh?
- Mar 25, 2018 Myths that don’t serve us … & what to do now?
- Mar 25, 2018 10 Things It Took Me Far Too Long to Grasp
- Mar 25, 2018 Force of Habit
- Mar 25, 2018 Today was a shit show
- Mar 10, 2018 Motherhood: It sure keeps us humble!
- Mar 9, 2018 Hashtags for Hire
- Mar 6, 2018 Dear Abigail / Young Mom
- Mar 4, 2018 Gems I'll Return To
- February 2018
- Jan 31, 2018 Fog Advisory!
- Jan 29, 2018 Chemtrails, the Ozone Layer … & simple common sense
- Jan 16, 2018 Vaccines: Quotations page
- Jan 9, 2018 Collections
- Dec 30, 2017 Stirring up the Shit (& making it personal)
- Dec 29, 2017 Waiting for the End of the World
- Dec 19, 2017 Father Knows Best. Whaaaaaat????
- Dec 19, 2017 Getting Over Ourselves
- Dec 16, 2017 What does it MEAN??
- Dec 13, 2017 Dill Pickle Story
- Dec 6, 2017 It ain't over!
- Dec 6, 2017 Dénouement
- Dec 5, 2017 What Jane Fonda said
- Dec 2, 2017 Someone else's grocery list
- Dec 2, 2017 Why we are control freaks (I think)
- November 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Vaccines: It's Flu (Shot) Season!
- Oct 29, 2017 Vaccines: My Biggest Surprise?
- Oct 26, 2017 One day in the parking lot, after some tears...
- Oct 15, 2017 #WASF #We.Are.Still.Here
- Oct 3, 2017 Science. Scientists. Scientism. Pedestals. Religion, too. & cherry-picking
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Truth
- Apr 26, 2017 Canoe Trips
- Apr 24, 2017 Oblivious. Authorities. Masks. Toast. Grief. Flowers. Purpose. Etc.
- Apr 20, 2017 The Other
- Apr 5, 2017 Learning to Walk
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 31, 2016 Man of the Year. Quote of the Year!
- Dec 30, 2016 What I had in mind, & what I got
- Dec 29, 2016 Fly on the Wall
- Dec 29, 2016 Parenthood
- Dec 28, 2016 Nobody is telling us the truth!
- Dec 24, 2016 Christmas Wish for the World
- Dec 23, 2016 Mantras to Live By
- Dec 22, 2016 Thanksgiving
- Dec 20, 2016 Hearts. Broken & … not
- Dec 18, 2016 Christmas 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 One Day on the Streetcar. Being kind…
- Dec 3, 2016 Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z
- Nov 23, 2016 Vaccine Injuries: the untold story
- Nov 17, 2016 The Apocalypse Cometh
- Nov 13, 2016 Elephants in the Room: some thoughts…
- Nov 10, 2016 Vaccines: ‘Vaxxed’ Film … & Ironies
- Nov 6, 2016 Lollipops & Roses (not) & a great morning I had one day recently…
- Nov 4, 2016 Existential Dread
- Nov 4, 2016 Talking. About talking
- Nov 2, 2016 Quotes: My Top 10
- Oct 30, 2016 Gallows Humour **
- Sep 2, 2016 Vaccines: My Friends’ Stories. Warriors
- August 2016
- Jul 21, 2016 Vaccines: the Canadian Scene
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: 12 Things You May Not Know + Quotes, Resources, Article links
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: My “Elevator Pitch”