"Perhaps 98% of all adverse reactions to vaccines are not included in the VAERS database, and up to 25 million U.S. citizens could have been adversely affected by vaccines in the past 25 years." 'Combining Childhood Vaccines at One Visit is Not Safe' (Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, Summer 2016)
A major element of the vaccination phenomenon & related public perception is the very widespread lack of awareness about the large number of vaccine injuries that occur all around us.
Few people seem to grasp that vaccine injuries are disturbingly numerous, disturbingly various in nature, & can be shockingly serious (resulting even in death, not to mention autism, disability & a whole host of other serious, often debilitating health impacts).
Vaccine Injuries Seriously Underreported
It seems most people are unaware either of this widespread incidence, or of the very deliberate under-reporting of vaccine injuries (& deaths).
Confession: I was unaware of this myself until a mere 10 months ago. It was an issue that was flying completely under my radar for six decades of my life, I am sorry to admit.
In a world as bafflingly complex, fast-paced, device-dominated, distracting, stressful – & frankly near-dizzyingly insane at times – as ours has become, it’s easy to remain unaware of a whole host of issues that really ought to concern a lot more of us.
This one certainly needs to pop up above the radar screen, seems to me, given the progression toward ever more stringent rules about mandatory vaccinations – by which I mean that more & more jurisdictions are imposing mandatory vaccine laws. While it used to be possible to decline vaccinations on personal grounds of conscience & religion, these are being swept away, state by state in the U.S. (What’s going on there is well covered in this chat between Barbara Loe Fisher & Dr. Mercola)
As people who are actively concerned about this like to say,
Where there is risk, there must be choice.
********** Important Note: In Canada, vaccinations are not mandatory
The Vaccine Choice Canada Web site is an excellent information source about all things vaccine, & I can’t recommend highly enough that you spend some time there. (Go right now & abandon this posting this second, even! There is simply a ton of awesome information there!). It has everything from soup to nuts, as they say, so you can find out about vaccine risks & dangers, vaccine safety & efficacy, vaccine contents, what you need to know about exemptions … & plenty more.
Among many other categories of information, there is an excellent Parent’s Guide to Vaccination that is liable to answer all of your vaccine-related questions – including many you didn’t know you needed to ask! (this page on the site is a Wow. Video/audio presentations. Tons of them.)
Vaccine Injury Reporting
In the U.S. there is VAERS – the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (more on this below).
In Canada we have a system that is impenetrable to the general public.
There is an excellent report on this on the VCC site. It would be an excellent thing for more of our doctors to read! You too, of course.
Bottom line? Vaccine injuries are common, reporting is very sketchy indeed.
(Gosh. A person might almost think the medical establishment doesn’t want us to know about vaccine injuries …)
Another big contrast between our 2 countries: in the U.S. there is a compensation program that is said to have paid out somewhere between $3-4 billion to families hit by serious vaccine injury.
(Now, that's kind of a lot of compensation paid to families for medical consequences for "safe" vaccinations, wouldn't you say?)
You must try to imagine how few families who actually qualify, or deserve compensation, likely succeed in getting through all those legal hoops + the time & energy & money obstacles (especially when they have a very significantly damaged child/family member to look after!) – & thus how many are not compensated. You also need to realize that it is “government money” – that is to say, taxpayers’ money – being used for this compensation (no, Big Pharma is definitely not picking up the tab).
Yes, the U.S. government gave the pharmaceutical industry a free pass on this back in 1986. They can’t be sued. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. explains it all quite well (including the startling rise in autism cases since that time) in this short interview.
Canada has no such compensation program federally (the province of Quebec has its own program, I’m told), & we apparently hold the unlucky distinction of being the only G8 country without a vaccine injury compensation program.
There are many contexts in which I’ve been known to say Canadians have no reason whatsoever to be smug – & this is certainly yet another one.
In general, what seems to happen when parents (or anyone) report a reaction following a vaccination (this could happen in either country or likely many others), the doctor is liable to deny, pooh-pooh or minimize it, and the word “coincidence” is almost certain to come up. You can be fairly certain the doctor will not report the injury. It is believed that only somewhere between 1 – 5% of vaccine injuries are properly reported.
Here is an emergency room nurse’s view of the use of the VAERS system (my source was a Facebook posting):
An E.R. Nurse’s View Of The Vaccine-injury Cover-up:
“As an E.R. nurse, I have seen the cover up. Where do you think kids go when they have a vaccine reaction? They go to the E.R. They come to me. I cannot even begin to guess how many times over the years I have seen vaccine reactions come through my E.R. Without any exaggeration, it has to be counted in hundreds. Sometimes it seemed like it was one or two cases in a single shift, every shift, for weeks. Then I would get a lull, and I wouldn’t catch one for a week or two, then I’d catch another case per night for a couple weeks. This was common.
“Once, I was training a nursing student, about to graduate, on their E.R. experience rotation in nursing school. This student and I floated up to triage to cover the triage nurse for a break. I was quizzing them on what to ask and look for as a triage nurse on pediatric kids that came through. I made a point about asking about immunizations right out the gates. The student was puzzled, and asked why, and I told the student because we see vaccine reactions every day and its their job to catch it, alert the doctor and the parents, and report it to VAERS [Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System]. Some higher power apparently smiled on my attempt to open the eyes of another nurse I guess, because not even ten minutes later, a woman brought her child up to the counter. Sudden onset super high fever and lethargy. I asked if the child was up to date on vaccination. The mother replied he had them just a few hours ago. I glanced at the student, who looked shocked and looked back at me in disbelief. I nodded, told them to remember this, and then took the mom and her child to finish the triage in back. When I was done I came back and sat down with the student, and asked what he learned that night so far. The first response: “What I was told about vaccines wasn’t true”. I couldn’t have said it better. That student is going to go on to be like me, advocating for his patients with his eyes wide open.
“The cases almost always presented similarly, and often no one else connected it. The child comes in with either a fever approaching 105, or seizures, or lethargy/can’t wake up, or sudden overwhelming sickness, screaming that won’t stop, spasms, GI inclusion, etc. And one of the first questions I would ask as triage nurse, was, are they current on their vaccinations? It’s a safe question that nobody sees coming, and nobody understands the true impact of. Parents (and co-workers) usually just think I’m trying to rule out the vaccine preventable diseases, when in fact, I am looking to see how recently they were vaccinated to determine if this is a vaccine reaction. Too often I heard a parent say something akin to “Yes they are current, the pediatrician caught up their vaccines this morning during their check up, and the pediatrician said they were in perfect health!” If I had a dollar for every time I’d heard that, I could fly to Europe for free.
“But here’s the more disturbing part. For all the cases I’ve seen, I have NEVER seen any medical provider report them to VAERS. I have filed VAERS reports. But I am the ONLY nurse I have EVER met that files VAERS reports. I also have NEVER met a doctor that filed a VAERS report. Mind you, I have served in multiple hospitals across multiple states, alongside probably well over a hundred doctors and probably 300–400+ nurses. I’ve worked in big hospitals (San Francisco Bay Area Metro 40 bed ER, Las Vegas NV Metro 44 bed ER) and small hospitals (Rural access 2 bed ER, remote community 4 bed ER) and everything in between. When I say NEVER, I mean NEVER. I have even made a point of sitting in the most prominent spot at the nurses station filling out a VAERS report to make sure as many people saw me doing it as possible to generate the expected “what are you doing” responses to get that dialog going with people. And in every case, if a nurse approached me, their response was “I’ve never done that” or “i didn’t know we could do that” or, worse “What is VAERS?” which was actually the most common response.
The response from doctors? Silence. Absolute total refusal to engage in discussion or to even acknowledge what I was doing or what VAERS was.
“The big take away from that? VAERS is WOEFULLY under reported. I am PROOF of that. The number one place parents bring their kids in the event of a vaccine reaction is the E.R., and as an E.R. staffer, I have NEVER met anyone who filed one, in spite of seeing hundreds of cases of obvious vaccine associated harm come through. What does that say about reported numbers? The CDC/HHS admits that VAERS is under-reported, and probably only representative of 1/10th the actual number of injuries. I contest that, and from personal experience, I would say the numbers in VAERS are more like 1/1000th the actual numbers, not 1/10th.
“And the final part of that, is that I have, first hand, seen blatant cover ups from doctors. I have seen falsification of medical records and documentation via intentional omission. I have challenged doctors who refused to put in the chart that the child was vaccinated 4 hours ago and was in perfect health, and now suddenly they are non-responsive, seizing, febrile at 105, and that labs, LP, and imaging confirms cerebral edema/encephalitis. I reminded the doctor as they are writing their report that the child was vaccinated mere hours before. And at the end, there is total omission of this fact, and the physician pass-off notes state encephalitis of unknown origin. I ask the doctor if they will file a VAERS report, and they argue that this has nothing to do with it, its purely coincidental, and nothing should be filed, they are safe and effective. I remind them that VAERS is a reporting body for ANY symptoms that are contemporaneous to vaccination, whether causation is believed to be associated or not, and I get the dismissal that they are not filing it because it has nothing to do with it.
“No one brings it up to the parents. It’s this giant rug-sweep that happens, and any mention of the vaccination is systematically removed or withheld from the record. A perfect example of this, was an ambulance crew that came in with a pass-off report that included the fact the child had been vaccinated only hours prior to onset of symptoms. The physician made sure this pass-off sheet disappeared mysteriously and could not get filed with the patient medical record. So yes, I have seen the vaccine damage cover up first hand. I know that it is intentional and active in the medical community. I know that it is happening. And on top of total denial of any association, and total cover up, they also refuse to report to VAERS which is supposed to be reported to for ANYTHING that is even in NO WAY SUSPECTED to be associated with the vaccine. This is a systemic suppression of information and statistics.
“And yes, in the cases described above, I did approach the parents, and I did tell them about VAERS, and I did start a case for them and file a report. I did force the issue through my charting, although it will most likely be buried and overlooked. I have experienced the corruption and suppression of the truth in the medical community about vaccines first-hand from the provider perspective. It does happen. Every day.”
Well. This is all very, very, very sobering indeed.
To see very disturbing information about deaths reported in the U.S. after the DTP vaccine (given to very young babies), take a look at this VAERS document. Warning! It is shocking & may make you feel sick, horrified, heartbroken, or all three. These are not “statistics” we are talking about here, they are infants’ lives. Families’ lives. I had not known of the vaccination-SIDS connection until very recently. To say that SIDS is heartbreaking is … well … it's simply an appallingly inadequate, gutwrenching understatement.
Learn About Vaccine Injury from Families Living with Them
The documentary ‘Vaxxed’ is creating vastly increased awareness around this issue. While there has been much awareness among families of vaccine-damaged children for some decades now, the ‘Vaxxed’ documentary is shining a very powerful (& noisy) light, such that the issue can no longer continue to be swept under the carpet.
In addition to showing the documentary in communities all over the U.S., there has been a simultaneous effort to collect the stories of families dealing with vaccine injuries, and these are being reported on the We Are Vaxxed Facebook page. There are a number of sites where very moving (& very upsetting, heartbreaking) stories can be seen/read.
& likely many others as well.
Three that have stood out powerfully for me (believe me, so have many, many others!):
- Nick Catone family (their son Nicholas died in May 2017; cause: vaccines) Print article here
- Wildly articulate Texas District Attorney
- Parents of 9-month old triplets – lost to autism all on the same day, after vaccination. (on the We Are Vaxxed Facebook page, dated October 27th.)
1. I keep having to repeat this one. It is a common practice, but utterly irrational, to accuse “anti-vaxxers” of being ill-informed cretins who ought to know better. Parents of vaccine-injured children are by definition parents who had their children vaccinated! It was after the vaccine injury (in most cases) that they studied up, became informed (usually wholly without the help of their own M.D. or the medical profession), & now so many campaign tirelessly (as they say, though I’m quite certain they are very very very tired indeed, most of the time) in order to help prevent this from happening to other families. No one wants to see children injured & families ripped open & sideways & every which way (well… those who run & profit so hugely from Big Pharma don’t seem to care, do they?; but then, most of them probably don’t have themselves or their own family members vaccinated! They may be venal, but they are not stupid. And those paycheques go down very very nicely indeed, I feel quite sure).
2. I have to chuckle (very ruefully) at the fact that while so many of us are utterly skeptical about the flu vaccine, & refuse to get flu shots (we know, & many of us have known for years, that they are ineffectual & more or less bogus & really, frankly, just a money-maker for the vaccine industry) – yet we continue to bow down before & give a free pass to the folks who push so many other vaccines on us. If the vaccine industry can’t be trusted to tell us the truth about the flu vaccine, how can we expect them to be trustworthy regarding the others? Go figure, eh?? We've been hugely duped, folks. (btw, you can watch a funny, short YouTube about what’s in flu vaccines, here.) Later posting on flu shots here.
3. The medical establishment pressures & bullies you into having your child vaccinated. They reassure you that all will be well. (Unvarnished lies, since they cannot know this to be true.) They do not proactively offer you the information sheets – the monographs or “inserts” – that come with the vaccines (this alone is a bit of a give-away isn't it??) These are quite lengthy indeed & contain some surprising & pretty alarming language about possible health outcomes; they are must-reads! ... & may even become quite huffy with you if you request this information. (They may even kick you out of their practice! This happens!) If you question them, they are defensive, offer absurd statements like “Babies will die” – statements calculated to bully you into a fear-based reaction, rather than a rational, informed, well-thought out decision. Should your child become vaccine-injured, your doctor will likely deny the connection between the vaccination & the injury (even though it is as clear as the nose on your face), and you are liable to be treated like unwelcome peasants at the king's fancy dress ball. The doctor will almost certainly fail to record the injury as vaccine-induced – & then ... you’ll be expected to keep right on getting more vaccinations for your already-vaccine-damaged child!
Oh ... and also to “quit bellyaching.” & "Just trust us."
What Do I Suggest?
After what I’ve learned over the past 9 months (of a very substantial amount of research), I no longer trust vaccines at all. Not even in the slightest. I would not have one given to me, or anyone I love, under any circumstances.
I regret very deeply now indeed that the decisions I made about vaccinations in the past were not only not fully-informed ones, they were not even partially informed. I simply knew absolutely nothing about vaccine risks … nothing whatsoever. If I had it to do all over again, as they say, vaccinations would not have played any part in my life. I would not have had my children vaccinated, had I been aware in their babyhoods of what I know now.
This has been a very uncomfortable learning experience for me. Very, very uncomfortable, indeed.
What I now recommend to others is this:
- Do some research. It doesn’t have to be a ton of it. There is plenty of compelling information out there that can convey vaccine un-safety, & you need to know about the actual, real risks!
- Be very skeptical about medical establishment claims.
- Be certain you are fully aware of vaccine contents, vaccine efficacy, & safety, & risks. Demand those product inserts. (Well ahead of when any vaccines are to be given. You need time to digest all that material!)
- Delay on having your child (or yourself) vaccinated. Keep right on delaying (&, in the case of infants, keep right on breastfeeding, which is the best way to protect your baby’s health & immune system) … until your heart, & your guts, give you peace about taking such a possibly life-altering course of action, for your child, your family & the rest of your life.
If something is nagging at you, saying “Don’t do it; I don't trust this...”
please-please-please … I beg you, for your own sake ... listen to that voice!
Some Measles Info, since measles hype is rampant:
- Zero U.S. Measles Deaths in 10 Years, but Over 100 Measles Vaccine Deaths Reported
- Measles Hysteria 2015 (U.S. stats)
- In Canada, a large 2011 Ontario study “found that one in 168 children ended up in the emergency room after MMR vaccination. Several children died during the three year study period. It is noteworthy that the study design allowed the “fewer than five deaths” to be discounted.[5,6] By comparison, Stats Canada records show that, in the 20 year period between 1990 and 2009, there were six deaths attributed to measles. Extrapolating from these numbers, one could posit that more deaths occurred following MMR vaccine than from measles during this time frame.”
- The Untold Story of Measles – excellent brief overview by veteran journalist Lawrence Solomon
A Few Quotations That Spring to Mind
“I saw it. I felt it. I questioned it. But I didn’t question loud enough. I allowed them to bully me. And that’s something I have to live with.” – Heather Turano, mother of [then]11-year old autistic daughter Sabrina. <at 1:41>
“You really need to think twice and really need to learn the risks that truly are there and that are involved if you decide to vaccinate your child.” <same mother as above. At 1:44> in Silent Epidemic; The Untold Story of Vaccines
“The boys that were so happy – always smiling – looking at me – blabbering – saying, even if it was mama, dada, you know – they just disappeared. I’m not deluded. I actually saw my children disappear right in front of me.” – Nina Lteif, mother of Eli & Christian, her twin sons who became autistic right after their MMR shot at 18 months. From the documentary ‘Man Made Epidemic'
“Vaccines are held to a lower safety testing standard than pharmaceutical drugs… The safety science behind vaccines is totally shady.” – Brandy Vaughan, former sales rep for Merck (from The Vaccine Panel: The Insider’s Report)
“I was once an idiot. I once thought that people who didn’t vaccinate were taking advantage of all the people that were. I thought that they were being privileged opportunists, and I was a vaccinating doctor, because I was taught nothing about vaccines, because I had never met an unvaccinated child. But once I met unvaccinated children, and started seeing problems first-hand with vaccinations in my own patients – and started doing my own research – I flipped around 180 degrees. And I’ve known other doctors that were able to do that as well, and some of them, because parents like you have presented the facts to them – quietly, calmly and rationally. That’s key.” – Dr. Suzanne Humphries in her Nov. 2015 lecture Trojan Horses & Cluster Bombs
“With what I now know, I cannot support mandatory vaccines for children. Some kids respond well to vaccines, but others do not. How can we be sure who will and who will not? Should we really sacrifice one for many? Parents have to have the right to choose! Parents have to make their own informed decisions. Parents deserve access to this information which has been buried so deep that even I, a practicing physician, hadn’t been aware of.” – Dr. Rachel Ross, MD & PhD (you MUST read the rest of what she says at this link!)
“Health is the only immunity. We don’t need protecting from out there.”
This is Dr. Jayne L.M. Donegan in her foreword to the Dr. Suzanne Humphries & Roman Bystrianyk book Dissolving Illusions - Disease, Vaccines, and the Forgotten History. (This is another of the MDs who used to believe, without thought or any actual research, what she had been told during her medical education, then started to see the problems & began to dissent – with severe consequences to her career. She had first believed parents who spoke to her about vaccination problems were “ignorant or, if not ignorant, sociopathic, for withholding what I believed [then] was a lifesaving intervention and putting everybody else at risk by reducing herd immunity.” Her attitude changed totally after the 1994 “massive measles/rubella vaccination campaign” in the U.K. & what became her research into vaccine history & disease ecology.)
“Health is the only immunity. We don’t need protecting from out there.”
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.” – Upton Sinclair