So, a professor from the University of Guelph (which, parenthetically, I’ve heard some people call Monsanto University) is speaking today [now yesterday] on the topic ‘The Death of Expertise? Reframing Vaccine Hesitancy as Public Mistrust of Science’ at U of T (the University of Toronto) about the topic of “vaccine hesitancy.”
QUOTE from the event description: “Struggling to make sense of persistent vaccine hesitancy and refusal, commentators routinely bemoan scientific illiteracy among the general publics or fret over a destructive cultural embracing of “anti-intellectualism” and the resulting “death of expertise”. This is allegedly part of a larger cultural war on science that threatens the future of liberal democracies. Science, it is assumed, cuts through partisan politics, and the publics fail insofar as they refuse to see this.
This talk challenges popular framings of vaccine hesitancy as “public misunderstanding of science” and “death of expertise”, demonstrating instead that public resistance stems from poor trust in scientific institutions. Working with an understanding of science as socially situated highlights the importance of trust and credibility in the successful operations of science—both within research communities and in relation to the public. Public mistrust of science is thereby not a problem with the public but a problem of scientific governance; specifically, a failure of scientific institutions to maintain the credibility required to achieve their social and epistemic aims. The talk ends with general recommendations regarding how vaccine outreach efforts can be modified in light of this insight. END QUOTE re: the event
It appears that some in academia are puzzled that more & more parents have become very suspicious of the vaccine paradigm. This particular philosophy professor had this article ‘A lack of trust, not of science, behind vaccine resistance’ published in the Toronto Star last year.
I just read both these items myself yesterday [2 days ago now] & encourage you to take the maybe 10 minutes it would take you to read both. (It’s important.)
After which you may be gobsmacked, as I was, at the fact that anyone with any active brain cells could still be recommending that people subject themselves to flu shots that are ineffective, unsafe … downright dangerous! (Great info on this 'Got your flu shot?' site, including access to all vaccine “monographs” More on flu shot risks here & lots about this year's flu shot season here.)
Here’s what I want to say to Ms. Goldenberg.
I’m a grandmother now. When I was a young Mom 40 years ago, I was not vaccine-hesitant. I was vaccine-trusting.
I had blind faith in vaccines, & in pretty much anything my doctor told me.
I regret this very deeply indeed now.
My “blind trust” in the whole vaccine paradigm has been utterly shattered recently, as I’ve done extensive research on vaccines & have learned many many many things that have shocked (& to be honest, horrified) me.
I’ll list off 10 here for you, though there are many, many more I could add:
2. The U.S. government has paid out $3.8 billion dollars to families with vaccine injuries since the vaccine schedule became so aggressive in the late 1980s. If vaccines are so safe, why so much money to injured families??
3. The vaccine schedule has been hugely bumped up since 1986, when the U.S. vaccine manufacturers were released from liability for any vaccine injury that occurs. Here.
4. Children now receive far more vaccines (in Ontario, 65 vaccines by the age of 18, compared to 22 in 1983), & they’re given in combinations, which have never been scientifically established to be safe. Indeed, they are not.
5. Vaccine injury is very common indeed, though not reported accurately; it’s estimated that in the U.S., as few as 1-5 % of vaccine injuries are reported to the VAERS reporting system.
6. Vaccines contain many toxic ingredients, including neurotoxins that cross the blood-brain barrier. We’re not just talking about mercury (which btw still remains in flu shots, though it may be referred to as “trace amounts”), but also aluminum). And let’s not forget formaldehyde … & other things. Look it up here.
8. Speaking of science, vaccine science is very shoddy indeed! Testing is done by the vaccine manufacturers, who stand to gain millions & billions in vaccine sales (Follow The Money!), and proper placebo trials are not conducted.
9. The CDC has known since at least the early 2000s that vaccines are associated with autism, as CDC whistleblower Dr. William Thompson has revealed. (& why no news about this in mainstream media?? Read about media blackout issues here, under 'M' in the A - Z.)
10. Vaccines are not only dangerous & wildly ineffective, they damage the natural immune system, which was designed to protect us quite well without the injection of toxic, dangerous substances that wind up in the brains of our tiny babies & small children … thank you very much.
I could go on. I really could!
Let me add a few quotations that spring to mind:
“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of the New England Journal of Medicine.” – Dr. Marcia Angell, a physician and longtime editor-in-chief of the New England Medical Journal (NEMJ). Source
“The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half may simply be untrue. Science has taken a turn toward darkness.” ~ Richard Horton, Editor in Chief, the Lancet
So yes, Professor Goldenberg.
While I deeply regret & cannot undo to my own children any harms I helped, unwittingly, to cause them by placing blind faith in doctors & vaccines,
I am now determined to help other parents, other families, prevent any further unnecessary damage if at all possible.
I encourage ALL parents to become “vaccine-hesitant.”
Finally, here are my 2 questions to you today:
1. Do you agree that educated, intelligent, thoughtful people should
- # Not have “blind faith” … about anything?
- # Question Everything
- # Read the science for ourselves
- # Do PLENTY of research on health-related matters
- # Read vaccine “inserts”
- # Follow. The. Money (always!)
- # Stay curious. Always, always, always, stay curious – not complacent?
2. Please tell us whether, in looking over the information about sponsorship & exhibitors in the program from Public Health Ontario, from last week’s ‘Leadership. Partnership. Change’ event you can fault anyone who has come to the conclusion (reluctantly, reluctantly ... but inevitably?) that “public health” in Canada has become more than a little corrupted?? As in, pretty much bought by Big Pharma?
p.p.s. here is an easy-to-print handout with the 10 items & the links.
p.p.p.s. Dr. Goldenberg: you MUST read this!
A few more relevant quotations:
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.” – Upton Sinclair
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
"Vaccination isn't prevention. To the contrary, you are injecting into healthy bodies the very disease-causing agents you are so afraid of contracting. Nor does vaccination equate to bona fide immunity. The only guaranteed immunity it generates is for the vaccine manufacturers who are indemnified against the potentially catastrophic damages they cause." – from Sayer Ji, founder of GreenMedInfo
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.” – Voltaire
From Dr. Richard Moskowitz MD's book Vaccines: A Reappraisal
“In short, as Dr. Angell’s books and articles make clear, the issue is not between those who believe in science and those who do not, as many vaccine advocates would have us believe, but rather the inadequacy of what is allowed to pass for science these days, and the involuntary experiments, runaway profits, and invisible casualties that are so righteously justified in its name.”
“For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth – persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the clichés of our forbears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.” – John F. Kennedy
** many other vaccine-related postings, all listed over on the right-hand side of the main page of this blog - most recent up top & descending down chronologically. Key posting in my opinion is Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z , to which I add material regularly. But I also like & recommend 'Dear Abigail / Young Mom' – especially to any young Moms.
** many many great quotations about truth here.