I think many people believe they are vaccine-educated. Vaccine aware. Vaccine informed. But they may not be basing their views, attitudes & opinions on much that is actually solid, or indeed, at all science-based. Maybe just on assumptions, really. On short phrases they have heard repeated all their lives.
“Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.” – Daniel Moynihan
I am going to suggest that you are not truly vaccine-educated, vaccine-aware, if you are not aware of the following 10 things.
I might add that I am now 66 years old, & knew none of this myself until 3 ½ years ago. Oops! A very late start to becoming vaccine-educated! Better late than never, though, as they say.
10 Things You Need to Know:
& heck, likely will even want to know! Since ignorance is definitely not always bliss. It can really bite us on the butt!
1. What vaccines contain. Many ingredients! Not just viruses, alive or dead (I am not very “technical” on this virus stuff; need to do more research!). In some cases, formaldehyde, Polysorbate-80, thimerosal (that one = a good deal more complicated than “the authorities” generally let on). Likely aluminum (used as an “adjuvant” to boost immune response). Possibly DNA from aborted fetal cells. Please don’t take my word on this. Go to the CDC site yourself for information on “vaccine excipients”(MRC-5 human diploid cells, MRC-5 diploid fibroblasts, WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts, MRC-5 cells actually refer to aborted fetal cell lines. More on all that here. ) You can consult Vaccine Choice Canada on vaccine ingredients (put vaccine contents or ingredients in the Search bar up top, then scroll down on the right-hand side of the page that comes up, to the black area near the bottom to find many items), &/or visit Learn the Risk.org, here. (Learn the Risk is a U.S.-based organization; note that their site comes up better if you are not using Firefox as your browser).
2. Almost all vaccines (if not all) are contaminated with substances that one would not expect to find in vaccines, & that cannot in any sense be deemed “desirable.” Find an article about this here, while the study it’s based on is here. (Interesting comments about heavy metals from a U.S. government site, here.)
3. Possible risks & side effects of vaccines. The easiest way to find this out is to go right to the horse’s mouth. By which I mean, the vaccine manufacturer, i.e., one of the ‘Big Four’ pharmaceutical companies that makes vaccines. These are:
Merck, GlaxoSmithKline or GSK, Sanofi, and Pfizer.
For just one example, you can view the “monograph” (as it is called) for the MMR vaccine that is so controversial, here (Merck’s here, GSK’s here). For the monographs for all vaccines used in Canada, go here. For a site on the U.S. side, use this.
If you’ve not looked at a vaccine monograph before, you may be surprised to observe how many vaccines have as possible side effects very serious health impacts such as Guillain–Barré syndrome, for one example, and encephalitis (i.e. brain swelling) for another. It’s clear that most people do not read these monographs, and that is something one can become curious about. Why do our MDs/health professionals not provide these to us? Why do they not tell us ahead of time about the full range of possible side effects? (I have opinions about this, of course. But I’m hoping that readers will become curious & start asking questions about this for themselves.)
A word of caution: vaccine monographs are quite lengthy, & you must read them all the way through to become fully apprised of ALL relevant information about risks/possible side effects. (Feel free to ask your MD or pharmacist for “inserts” [i.e., printed, shortened versions of the monograph] so you can see a hard copy version of what these consist of. You may get a yes, you may get a no. Always worth asking! I succeeded in obtaining quite a few by being quite insistent.) *See this post, item # 21, to see what a vaccine “insert” looks like.
You can find the monograph on the FDA site here. (Pg. 12 for the SIDS mention.) Not sure if the Canadian version lists SIDS as a possible outcome. I guess we should all check into this by finding & reading vaccine monographs.
4. The pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. was given legal immunity from liability for vaccine injury in 1986. This means, essentially, a “free pass” for the industry from any worries about vaccines causing injury (or death) to anyone. In other words, the industry cannot be sued. Great summary on this here. (The situation in Canada is different, but no better. It is near-impossible to win a lawsuit against the pharmaceutical industry for vaccine injury here &, except for Quebec, we do not have a compensation program at all. I’d like to have a good link to share about this lawsuit angle, & will return to insert one once I do!) A good analogy? Car manufacturers having no legal liability for things like unsafe seatbelts or steering wheels or … whatever. Hard to see an industry caring much about its products’ impacts, if they are not held legally liable for those impacts.
5. Several BIG things flowed from this release from liability:
a) A big bump-up in the # of vaccines being administered to children. The graphic below is helpful in illustrating the increase over the decades.
b) The creation of a “vaccine court,” the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) to deal with vaccine injury cases in the U.S. (For a book-length treatment of the vaccine court, go here.)
c) A passive vaccine injury reporting system (called VAERS or the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System) that has been studied & found to be terribly inefficient, & in fact, to be reporting only about 1% of actual vaccine injuries. (See report on the VAERS system for the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, or HHS, here.)
d) Since the NVICP was started, it has paid out over $4 billion to those who have managed to successfully sue for vaccine injury (most people don’t even pass the first hurdle; the vast majority are winnowed out). The very first payout made was for the Hannah Poling case. $1.5 million. Info on that story here. This item has some interesting info as well.
5. The above items speak to vaccine safety. What about efficacy? You will hear, repeated like a mantra, from the CDC, “health” departments & most (though not all) who work in them, that vaccines are “safe and effective.” How can it be truthful to say they are “safe,” when so many infants/children/people are being injured by them? As for “effective?” Well. Witness measles outbreaks (& mumps outbreaks here & here & the fact that some of Merck’s own scientists are suing the company about the vaccine’s lack of efficacy, btw … and also whooping cough outbreaks & all of them … among the vaccinated! If vaccines work – yet people are still getting the illnesses they have been vaccinated for, can they really be said to be “effective”?? (Note this also: The vaccinated spread measles. )
6. Herd immunity, eh? Lots about that here. It’s quite important to get straight on this, since it’s the key term that the folks who are after us all to get us (& our kids) vaccinated use to manipulate us into compliance. (I have started saying that I believe firmly our problem is herd mentality, not herd immunity.) I am unable to discuss this in sound bite form, given its complexity, hence I’m referring you to a posting in which several MDs & an immunologist cover the issue in some depth.
7. The rates of autism (& many other childhood ailments/conditions/diseases/syndromes) have gone through the roof since 1989, when the vaccine schedule began its precipitous increase. These 4 items from different sources speak to this:
As for the health implications facing the present generation of young people, see
Too Many Sick Children (multiple stories)
There are some very serious issues (i.e., health implications) resulting from the presence of mercury (thimerosal) and aluminum in vaccines, & from the vastly increased # of vaccines being given to children from their very earliest days (Day 1, in the United States).
8. These 2 ingredients alone (i.e. mercury/thimerosal & aluminum) constitute very large rabbit holes you can go down in researching vaccines. And no, all the mercury/thimerosal has NOT been removed from vaccines. It’s still in flu shots, for one thing. See graphic below for more on this. This item has a good history on thimerosal, & there is lots of science on it here. (I also recommend watching this fascinating documentary ‘Trace Amounts’ .)
As regards aluminum, there is much info here & here & here & here & plenty more links provided in this posting. And also a documentary here. As well as a recent Highwire episode devoted to aluminum, here. With reference to aluminum & immune activation, there is plenty of information here.
9. Note that vaccines are given in combination, not singly. This means that whatever dicey stuff is in, say, one vaccine (e.g. DTap, itself not just a single item & which, as we have seen above, CAN itself result in Sudden Infant Death syndrome, or SIDS, among other serious possible side effects), you have to be able to predict how that will combine with the dicey stuff in whatever other (possibly numerous) vaccines your “health” professional may be injecting into your child (or you) at the same time. What might the synergistic effects be? Here is what a 2-month old infant in Canada will be injected with at the 2-month “well baby” visit.
DTaP-IPV-Hib (5 vaccines in 1 shot)
Rotavirus (oral) live virus vaccine
** note to my close friends & acquaintances: I have copies of the “inserts” for each of these.
** Find more info about which vaccines for which age of child, in Canada, here.
Has the safety of combining multiple vaccines been carefully established?
No, there has been no science to establish this. Combining Childhood Vaccines at One Visit Is Not Safe. (And actually, vaccines are not properly safety tested at all! No proper placebo testing! This is complex, but well-explained about 8 minutes in in this video. You can find a very lengthy explanation here.
10. It’s important to understand why everything you hear in mainstream media is so heavily weighted in favour of vaccines. From the New York Times to the Washington Post, to the Toronto Star & the Globe & Mail & Canada’s national broadcaster, the CBC, what you are told repeatedly is that “Vaccines are good. Anti-vaxxers are bad.” It’s actually pretty simple. Media say what their advertisers tell them to say. In other words, editorial policy is dictated by the advertisers. Or “He who pays the piper, calls the tune.” (This has always been so, in fact. See 1880 quote about this here.) This is another spot where much more could be said. The posting Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z has a section called ‘Media Blackout’ that provides a number of items on this topic. There is also an interview with Robert F. Kennedy Jr, referenced here, in which he mentions that the pharmaceutical companies pay $5.4 billion a year to the media. This helps us connect the dots, doesn’t it? (See also a very relevant, recent item here about the LA Times.)
Now, believe it or not, these few things really only scratch the surface of the vaccine issue, a topic that is very deep, very wide indeed. It is absolutely like the proverbial iceberg.
All that shows in an obvious way? Merely “the tip of the iceberg.”
p.s. Here is a very important thing to bear in mind. Vaccines are made by the pharmaceutical industry. This is an industry we all have very good reason not to assign our trust. An industry that has paid out $35 billion for breaking laws, fraud, killing many thousands of people (look up Merck & Vioxx, for just one example) with their various nasty business methods. Can it really make sense to put blind trust in these same companies, this same industry, when it comes to vaccines? As Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says, what kind of cognitive dissonance does it require to pull that off?
p.p.s. You are not vaccine-educated if all you can say about vaccines is “They eradicated smallpox” or “They eradicated polio.” For starters, they did neither, & in addition, these are just sound bites. Sound bites are not science, & they are not up to the task of truly grasping the intricacies of vaccines/vaccination, as I hope you may have gathered by now. (Lots on both polio & smallpox in this posting.)
p.p.p.s. there is so very much else to know about vaccines! I’ve left out GOBS of important things. Even the posting ’30 Things You May Not Know About Vaccines’ does not contain all of them (& btw, there are more than 30 things in it; way more!?). I can’t even write a single posting that does full justice to this terrifically complex issue! I myself continue to learn new things about it every single week (sometimes, every day). It’s deep, it’s wide, it’s complex, it’s multi-multi-layered. As I’ve said elsewhere, it is not necessary to go as far down the rabbit hole on it as I have chosen to do. But I believe we all have a duty to, at the very least, scratch beneath the surface. Below the sound bites.
This very recent letter by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. does a pretty fine job of touching on all the key points involved in this very contentious issue. This long powerpoint presentation also covers an impressive amount, succinctly. This item establishes clearly that vaccines did not “save” humanity. & this one involves an MD explaining how the human immune system actually works (in only 11 minutes). Which is very helpful to know!
Other relevant postings on this site
** There are many others! All of the vaccine postings are listed on the right-hand side of the main page, down below the quotations.
Science Quotes ** Many are relevant to the vaccine issue
A Tiny Smattering of Resources
Learn the Risk U.S. group (note: best viewed NOT using Firefox as your browser)
National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) U.S. group
Vaccine Choice Canada (VCC)
** There are simply tons more great information sources out there! Still, each of these is a great starting place.
What do I advocate?
Do your own research.
Ask lots of questions. (& don’t accept facile answers that amount to mere sound bites.)
Use a “weight of evidence” approach (i.e., consult many sources, not just one)
Always remember to #FollowTheMoney. To ask yourself, “Hmmmm. Who is it who really stands to gain here??”
Don’t rush! Slow wayyyy down. You need time for research. There is no hurry. Unless an M.D. is pressuring you, say, as a pregnant woman, to get a flu or DTap/Tdap shot while pregnant. In that case, it’s a bit pressing that you learn more about that, quickly. The Dear Kate posting will help, & so will this article. I recommend that you go to the Children’s Health Defense site, then scroll to the bottom of the main page to find the Search bar. Insert a phrase such as ‘flu shots pregnant women’ to cause many relevant items to come up.
** Helpful item from NVIC: Ask Eight Questions
“For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth – persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the clichés of our forbears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.” – John F. Kennedy (JFK)
“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.” – Benjamin Franklin (quoted in Thimerosal – Let the Science Speak, edited by RFK Jr.)