- Know your history (yes, I mean this on a couple of levels, OK?)
- Follow the Money (Always, always, ALWAYS Follow. The. Money)
- Question Everything
- The opposite of everything is true (I could elaborate on this, but … nah. Put legs on this for yourself. Knowing George Orwell’s work can help.)
- Be careful what you wish for
- Don’t be an a**hole
- Stand back. Take a breath. Then take another. (& then … another, maybe??)
- Walk away from a fight
- Give someone a compliment. (It has to be sincere, though! No phoneyness allowed!!)
- Say thank you to someone. Mean it.
- Apologize when you need to. Mean it. “Apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
- Be grateful. (All we have, & are given; all of it, every single "little" bit? It’s all a gift. All grace.)
- Keep flossing!
‘Quote of the day’ with this post: “Don’t be yourself. Be someone a little nicer.” – Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
“Love life. Take great pleasure in small offerings. Believe that the world owes you nothing. Understand that every gift given to you is just that.” – Maya Angelou, poet, novelist