Quotations for Now
*** Scroll down for the postings. (They're down below the quotations. Yes, I do tend to get a bit carried away by inspiring quotations!). Vaccine-related postings are listed in a column on the right-hand side of the page, also down below the quotations (topmost is the most recent).
“E.L. Doctorow once said that ‘writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.’ You don’t have to see your destination or everything you will pass along the way. You just have to see two or three feet ahead of you. This is right up there with the best advice about writing, or life, I have ever heard.” ~ Anne Lamott in Bird by Bird – Some Instructions on Writing & Life
“…the world sometimes feels like the waiting room of the emergency ward and that we who are more or less OK for now need to take the tenderest possible care of the more wounded people in the waiting room, until the healer comes. You sit with people, she said, you bring them juice and graham crackers.” From Traveling Mercies – Some Thoughts on Faith, by Anne Lamott
“It’s funny: I always imagined when I was a kid that adults had some kind of inner toolbox, full of shiny tools: the saw of discernment, the hammer of wisdom, the sandpaper of patience. But then when I grew up I found that life handed you these rusty bent old tools – friendships, prayer, conscience, honesty – and said, ‘Do the best you can do with these, they will have to do.’ And mostly, against all odds, they’re enough.” From Traveling Mercies – Some Thoughts on Faith, by Anne Lamott
“Life is change...Growth is optional...Choose wisely.” – Karen Kaiser Clark
“Expect nothing; live frugally on surprise.” – Alice Walker
“Damn what anybody thinks of you – do what’s right. It’s really fun.” – Lucy Lawless, N. Z. actor & activist arrested with 6 Greenpeace activists on Save the Arctic campaign (from Sierra magazine Jan/Feb. 2013)
“Every time you don’t follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness.” – Shakti Gawain (Sept. 25th entry Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much, edited by Anne Wilson Schaef)
“Anything in life that we don’t accept will simply make trouble for us until we make peace with it.” – Shakti Gawain
“I also know that when I’m trusting and being myself as fully as possible, everything in my life reflects this by falling into place easily, often miraculously.” – Shakti Gawain, Oct. 16th entry Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much, edited by Anne Wilson Schaef)
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
“To nourish children and raise them against odds is in any time, any place, more valuable than to fix bolts in cars or design nuclear weapons.” – Marilyn French
“You can't start worrying about what's going to happen. You get spastic enough worrying about what's happening now.” – Lauren Bacall
“Each day we are born again to start our life anew. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
“Hoard each joyous moment that comes to you. No one knows how it will all end.” – Háfiz
“Just to live is holy. To be is a blessing.” – Rabbi Abraham Heschel
– Recent Posts –
recent posts By Month
- Jan 16, 2019 Hot Tips to Self
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 31, 2018 Vaccines: # Biggest. Irony. Ever!
- Mar 29, 2018 Vaccine Hesitancy, eh?
- Mar 25, 2018 Myths that don’t serve us … & what to do now?
- Mar 25, 2018 10 Things It Took Me Far Too Long to Grasp
- Mar 25, 2018 Force of Habit
- Mar 25, 2018 Today was a shit show
- Mar 10, 2018 Motherhood: It sure keeps us humble!
- Mar 9, 2018 Hashtags for Hire
- Mar 6, 2018 Dear Abigail / Young Mom
- Mar 4, 2018 Gems I'll Return To
- February 2018
- Jan 31, 2018 Fog Advisory!
- Jan 29, 2018 Chemtrails, the Ozone Layer … & simple common sense
- Jan 16, 2018 Vaccines: Quotations page
- Jan 9, 2018 Collections
- Dec 30, 2017 Stirring up the Shit (& making it personal)
- Dec 29, 2017 Waiting for the End of the World
- Dec 19, 2017 Father Knows Best. Whaaaaaat????
- Dec 19, 2017 Getting Over Ourselves
- Dec 16, 2017 What does it MEAN??
- Dec 13, 2017 Dill Pickle Story
- Dec 6, 2017 It ain't over!
- Dec 6, 2017 Dénouement
- Dec 5, 2017 What Jane Fonda said
- Dec 2, 2017 Someone else's grocery list
- Dec 2, 2017 Why we are control freaks (I think)
- November 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Vaccines: It's Flu (Shot) Season!
- Oct 29, 2017 Vaccines: My Biggest Surprise?
- Oct 26, 2017 One day in the parking lot, after some tears...
- Oct 15, 2017 #WASF #We.Are.Still.Here
- Oct 3, 2017 Science. Scientists. Scientism. Pedestals. Religion, too. & cherry-picking
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Truth
- Apr 26, 2017 Canoe Trips
- Apr 24, 2017 Oblivious. Authorities. Masks. Toast. Grief. Flowers. Purpose. Etc.
- Apr 20, 2017 The Other
- Apr 5, 2017 Learning to Walk
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 31, 2016 Man of the Year. Quote of the Year!
- Dec 30, 2016 What I had in mind, & what I got
- Dec 29, 2016 Fly on the Wall
- Dec 29, 2016 Parenthood
- Dec 28, 2016 Nobody is telling us the truth!
- Dec 24, 2016 Christmas Wish for the World
- Dec 23, 2016 Mantras to Live By
- Dec 22, 2016 Thanksgiving
- Dec 20, 2016 Hearts. Broken & … not
- Dec 18, 2016 Christmas 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 One Day on the Streetcar. Being kind…
- Dec 3, 2016 Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z
- Nov 23, 2016 Vaccine Injuries: the untold story
- Nov 17, 2016 The Apocalypse Cometh
- Nov 13, 2016 Elephants in the Room: some thoughts…
- Nov 10, 2016 Vaccines: ‘Vaxxed’ Film … & Ironies
- Nov 6, 2016 Lollipops & Roses (not) & a great morning I had one day recently…
- Nov 4, 2016 Existential Dread
- Nov 4, 2016 Talking. About talking
- Nov 2, 2016 Quotes: My Top 10
- Oct 30, 2016 Gallows Humour **
- Sep 2, 2016 Vaccines: My Friends’ Stories. Warriors
- August 2016
- Jul 21, 2016 Vaccines: the Canadian Scene
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: 12 Things You May Not Know + Quotes, Resources, Article links
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: My “Elevator Pitch”