Quotations for Now
*** Scroll down for the postings. (They're down below the quotations. Yes, I do tend to get a bit carried away by inspiring quotations!) Vaccine-related postings are listed in a column on the right-hand side of the page, also down below the quotations (topmost is the most recent).
“The whole deal about loving truly and for real and with all you’ve got has everything to do with letting those we love see us. Silence makes hard things harder than they need to be. It creates a secret you’re too beautiful to keep. Telling has a way of dispersing things.” – Cheryl Strayed, quoted in the brilliant quotation collection Brave Enough
“If you can’t say something, you can’t see it either.” – Stephen Jenkinson in Die Wise – A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul
“What is mentionable, is manageable.” – Source unknown
“Before healing can take place, the poison must be exposed.” – Source unknown
“Love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe.” – Source unknown (quoted right at the beginning of Cheryl Strayed’s quotes collection Brave Enough)
“Withholding love distorts reality. It makes the people who do the withholding ugly and small-hearted. It makes the people from whom things are withheld crazy and desperate and incapable of knowing what they actually feel. Don’t be strategic or coy. Strategic and coy are for jackasses. Be brave. Be authentic. Practice saying the word love to the people you love, so when it matters the most to say it, you will.” – Cheryl Strayed, quoted in the collection Brave Enough
“Nobody will protect you from your suffering. You can’t cry it away or eat it away or starve it away or walk it away or punch it away or even therapy it away. It’s just there, and you have to survive it. You have to endure it. You have to live through it and love it and move on and be better for it and run as far as you can in the direction of your best and happiest dreams across the bridge that was built by your own desire to heal. Therapists and friends can help you along the way, but the healing – the genuine healing, the actual real-deal, down-on-your-knees-in-the-mud change – is entirely and absolutely up to you.” – Cheryl Strayed, quoted in the collection Brave Enough
“Forgiveness doesn’t just sit there like a pretty boy in a bar. Forgiveness is the old fat guy you have to haul up the hill.” – Cheryl Strayed, author of Wild (& harvested from her recent collection Brave Enough)
“Anything in life that we don’t accept will simply make trouble for us until we make peace with it.” – Shakti Gawain
“Cut your losses. Go where the energy is.” – Janet McNeill
“Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.” – from the Talmud
“Life is change...Growth is optional...Choose wisely.” – Karen Kaiser Clark
“Truth is the only safe ground to stand on.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton (more truth quotes)
“Each day we are born again to start our life anew. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
“Hoard each joyous moment that comes to you. No one knows how it will all end.” – Háfiz
“Just to live is holy. To be is a blessing.” – Rabbi Abraham Heschel
– Recent Posts –
recent posts By Month
- March 2019
- Feb 27, 2019 Measles Resources
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 31, 2018 Vaccines: # Biggest. Irony. Ever!
- Mar 29, 2018 Vaccine Hesitancy, eh?
- Mar 25, 2018 Myths that don’t serve us … & what to do now?
- Mar 25, 2018 10 Things It Took Me Far Too Long to Grasp
- Mar 25, 2018 Force of Habit
- Mar 25, 2018 Today was a shit show
- Mar 10, 2018 Motherhood: It sure keeps us humble!
- Mar 9, 2018 Hashtags for Hire
- Mar 6, 2018 Dear Abigail / Young Mom
- Mar 4, 2018 Gems I'll Return To
- February 2018
- Jan 31, 2018 Fog Advisory!
- Jan 29, 2018 Chemtrails, the Ozone Layer … & simple common sense
- Jan 16, 2018 Vaccines: Quotations page
- Jan 9, 2018 Collections
- Dec 30, 2017 Stirring up the Shit (& making it personal)
- Dec 29, 2017 Waiting for the End of the World
- Dec 19, 2017 Father Knows Best. Whaaaaaat????
- Dec 19, 2017 Getting Over Ourselves
- Dec 16, 2017 What does it MEAN??
- Dec 13, 2017 Dill Pickle Story
- Dec 6, 2017 It ain't over!
- Dec 6, 2017 Dénouement
- Dec 5, 2017 What Jane Fonda said
- Dec 2, 2017 Someone else's grocery list
- Dec 2, 2017 Why we are control freaks (I think)
- November 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Vaccines: It's Flu (Shot) Season!
- Oct 29, 2017 Vaccines: My Biggest Surprise?
- Oct 26, 2017 One day in the parking lot, after some tears...
- Oct 15, 2017 #WASF #We.Are.Still.Here
- Oct 3, 2017 Science. Scientists. Scientism. Pedestals. Religion, too. & cherry-picking
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Truth
- Apr 26, 2017 Canoe Trips
- Apr 24, 2017 Oblivious. Authorities. Masks. Toast. Grief. Flowers. Purpose. Etc.
- Apr 20, 2017 The Other
- Apr 5, 2017 Learning to Walk
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 31, 2016 Man of the Year. Quote of the Year!
- Dec 30, 2016 What I had in mind, & what I got
- Dec 29, 2016 Fly on the Wall
- Dec 29, 2016 Parenthood
- Dec 28, 2016 Nobody is telling us the truth!
- Dec 24, 2016 Christmas Wish for the World
- Dec 23, 2016 Mantras to Live By
- Dec 22, 2016 Thanksgiving
- Dec 20, 2016 Hearts. Broken & … not
- Dec 18, 2016 Christmas 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 One Day on the Streetcar. Being kind…
- Dec 3, 2016 Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z
- Nov 23, 2016 Vaccine Injuries: the untold story
- Nov 17, 2016 The Apocalypse Cometh
- Nov 13, 2016 Elephants in the Room: some thoughts…
- Nov 10, 2016 Vaccines: ‘Vaxxed’ Film … & Ironies
- Nov 6, 2016 Lollipops & Roses (not) & a great morning I had one day recently…
- Nov 4, 2016 Existential Dread
- Nov 4, 2016 Talking. About talking
- Nov 2, 2016 Quotes: My Top 10
- Oct 30, 2016 Gallows Humour **
- Sep 2, 2016 Vaccines: My Friends’ Stories. Warriors
- August 2016
- Jul 21, 2016 Vaccines: the Canadian Scene
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: 12 Things You May Not Know + Quotes, Resources, Article links
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: My “Elevator Pitch”