Quotations for Now
*** Scroll down for the postings! They're down there, below the quotes...
“Our own life is the instrument with which we experiment with the truth.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
"Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run easier. We do not have to become heroes overnight, just a step at a time, meeting each thing as it comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appears, discovering we have the strength to stare it down." – Eleanor Roosevelt ** more courage quotes
"The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance.” – Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
"I used to think the top environmental problems facing the world were global warming, environmental degradation and eco-system collapse, and that we scientists could fix those problems with enough science. But I was wrong. The real problem is not those three items, but greed, selfishness and apathy. And for that we need a spiritual and cultural transformation. And we scientists don’t know how to do that." – Gus Speth (quote found on Carolyn Baker’s Web site)
“Each time we heard the music we marveled again at the beautiful and often familiar melodies, at the purity of sound, at this miracle that was happening to us amid the cockroaches, the rats, the bedbugs, and the stink of the latrines. The music renewed our sense of human dignity. We had to live under bestial conditions, but, by Jove, we could rise above them!” – Helen Colijn, Song of Survival: Women Interned
“It’s one of the secrets of the world. We all have the key to one another’s locks. But until we start to talk, we don’t know it.” – Michael Silverblatt, host of KCRW’s ‘Bookworm’ radio show
“Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed. This power becomes available to you just as you can change your beliefs.” – Aleksander Solzhenitsyn [this quote plain refuses to be formatted properly. What can I say???}
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato, Greek author & philosopher in Athens (427 B.C. – 347 B.C.)
“A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed.” – Henrik Ibsen
“I do not want to talk about what you understand about this world. I want to know what you will do about it. I do not want to know what you hope. I want to know what you will work for. I do not want your sympathy for the needs of humanity. I want your muscle.” – Robert Fulghum
“The best meditation is critical thinking – followed by action.” – the Dalai Lama, quoted in the Elisabet Sahtouris film “Crisis As Opportunity: Living Better on a Hotter Planet”
“Out beyond ideas of rightdoing and wrongdoing, there’s a field. I’ll meet you there.” – Rumi
"Telling the truth is like making oxygen." – Joanna Macy (in Toronto, June 19, 2009) * more truth quotes
“Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I’d like to see you in better living conditions.” – Hafiz
“Hoard each joyous moment that comes to you. No one knows how it will all end.” – Háfiz
– Recent Posts –
recent posts By Month
- Apr 15, 2018 Hashtags for Today
- Mar 31, 2018 Vaccines: # Biggest. Irony. Ever!
- Mar 29, 2018 Vaccine Hesitancy, eh?
- Mar 25, 2018 Myths that don’t serve us … & what to do now?
- Mar 25, 2018 10 Things It Took Me Far Too Long to Grasp
- Mar 25, 2018 Force of Habit
- Mar 25, 2018 Today was a shit show
- Mar 10, 2018 Motherhood: It sure keeps us humble!
- Mar 9, 2018 Hashtags for Hire
- Mar 6, 2018 Dear Abigail / Young Mom
- Mar 4, 2018 Outstanding Items to return to
- February 2018
- Jan 31, 2018 Fog Advisory!
- Jan 29, 2018 Chemtrails, the Ozone Layer … & simple common sense
- Jan 16, 2018 Vaccines: Quotations page
- Jan 9, 2018 Collections
- Dec 30, 2017 Stirring up the Shit (& making it personal)
- Dec 29, 2017 Waiting for the End of the World
- Dec 19, 2017 Father Knows Best. Whaaaaaat????
- Dec 19, 2017 Getting Over Ourselves
- Dec 16, 2017 What does it MEAN??
- Dec 13, 2017 Dill Pickle Story
- Dec 6, 2017 It ain't over!
- Dec 6, 2017 Dénouement
- Dec 5, 2017 What Jane Fonda said
- Dec 2, 2017 Someone else's grocery list
- Dec 2, 2017 Why we are control freaks (I think)
- November 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Vaccines: It's Flu (Shot) Season!
- Oct 29, 2017 Vaccines: My Biggest Surprise?
- Oct 26, 2017 One day in the parking lot, after some tears...
- Oct 15, 2017 #WASF #We.Are.Still.Here
- Oct 3, 2017 Science. Scientists. Scientism. Pedestals. Religion, too. & cherry-picking
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Truth
- Apr 26, 2017 Canoe Trips
- Apr 24, 2017 Oblivious. Authorities. Masks. Toast. Grief. Flowers. Purpose. Etc.
- Apr 20, 2017 The Other
- Apr 5, 2017 Learning to Walk
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 31, 2016 Man of the Year. Quote of the Year!
- Dec 30, 2016 What I had in mind, & what I got
- Dec 29, 2016 Fly on the Wall
- Dec 29, 2016 Parenthood
- Dec 28, 2016 Nobody is telling us the truth!
- Dec 24, 2016 Christmas Wish for the World
- Dec 23, 2016 Mantras to Live By
- Dec 22, 2016 Thanksgiving
- Dec 20, 2016 Hearts. Broken & … not
- Dec 18, 2016 Christmas 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 One Day on the Streetcar. Being kind…
- Dec 3, 2016 Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z
- Nov 23, 2016 Vaccine Injuries: the untold story
- Nov 17, 2016 The Apocalypse Cometh
- Nov 13, 2016 Elephants in the Room: some thoughts…
- Nov 10, 2016 Vaccines: ‘Vaxxed’ Film … & Ironies
- Nov 6, 2016 Lollipops & Roses (not) & a great morning I had one day recently…
- Nov 4, 2016 Existential Dread
- Nov 4, 2016 Talking. About talking
- Nov 2, 2016 Quotes: My Top 10
- Oct 30, 2016 Gallows Humour **
- Sep 2, 2016 Vaccines: My Friends’ Stories. Warriors
- August 2016
- Jul 21, 2016 Vaccines: the Canadian Scene
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: 12 Things You May Not Know + Quotes, Resources, Article links
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: My “Elevator Pitch”