Quotations for Today
**Scroll down for the postings!!! They're way down there, below the Quotes.....
“All the high-sounding speeches about liberty and justice are meaningless, unless people – you and I – breathe meaning and force into them.” – Robert Kennedy, 1961
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the one most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin ** scroll down on this page to find lots of quotations about change
“We tell lies when we are afraid … afraid of what we don’t know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.” (Science-fiction author Tad Williams, quoted in Deep Truth – Igniting the Memory of Our Origin, History, Destiny, and Fate, by Gregg Braden.) ** great quotes about truth & lies here
“There are quicksands all about you, sucking at your feet, trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair. That’s why you must walk so lightly. Lightly, my darling . . . Learn to do everything lightly. Yes, feel lightly even though you’re feeling deeply.” – Aldous Huxley, 20th century intellectual & author of Brave New World (said later in his life, apparently, when he regretted having taken himself so seriously in his younger years).
“It is the attempt to separate intellect from emotion that is monstrous...” – Anthropologist Gregory Bateson on the perils of relying too heavily upon the vaunted value-free truths of modern science (David Suzuki's words in Wisdom of the Elders)
“Truth is the only safe ground to stand on.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton ** more great truth quotes
“It’s not really fair to ask for an objective opinion from anyone who has a vested interest in what they’re selling.” – Alan Cassels, pharmaceutical policy researcher, in an article in August 2014 Common Ground magazine
“Vaccination isn’t prevention. To the contrary, you are injecting into healthy bodies the very disease-causing agents you are so afraid of contracting. Nor does vaccination equate to bona fide immunity. The only guaranteed immunity it generates is for the vaccine manufacturers who are indemnified against the potentially catastrophic damages they cause.” – from Sayer Ji, founder of GreenMedInfo ** new page of vaccine quotes
“Do not follow where the path may lead…go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 – 1882) * more Emerson quotes
“It’s antithetical to the definition of power in this culture that a person might derive power by service rather than control, but that’s the essence of midwifery.” – Elizabeth Davis, Heart & Hands: A Midwife’s Guide to Pregnancy and Birth, quoted in Rob Brezsny’s Pronoia
“I do not want to talk about what you understand about this world. I want to know what you will do about it. I do not want to know what you hope. I want to know what you will work for. I do not want your sympathy for the needs of humanity. I want your muscle.” – Robert Fulghum ** great collection of action quotes here
“Many of the things we all struggle with in love and work can be helped by conversation. Without conversation, studies show that we are less empathic, less connected, less creative and fulfilled. We are diminished, in retreat.” – from Reclaiming Conversation – The Power of Talk in a Digital Age, by Sherry Turkle (link to CBC interview with Ms. Turkle)
“A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” – Paul Dudley White, physician (1886-1973) ** more walking quotes/posts
“Hoard each joyous moment that comes to you. No one knows how it will all end.” – Háfiz
– Recent Posts –
recent posts By Month
- January 2018
- Dec 30, 2017 Stirring up the Shit (& making it personal)
- Dec 29, 2017 Waiting for the End of the World
- Dec 19, 2017 Father Knows Best. Whaaaaaat????
- Dec 19, 2017 Getting Over Ourselves
- Dec 16, 2017 What does it MEAN??
- Dec 13, 2017 Dill Pickle Story
- Dec 6, 2017 It ain't over!
- Dec 6, 2017 Dénouement
- Dec 5, 2017 What Jane Fonda said
- Dec 2, 2017 Someone else's grocery list
- Dec 2, 2017 Why we are control freaks (I think)
- November 2017
- Oct 31, 2017 Vaccines: It's Flu (Shot) Season!
- Oct 29, 2017 Vaccines: My Biggest Surprise?
- Oct 26, 2017 One day in the parking lot, after some tears...
- Oct 15, 2017 #WASF #We.Are.Still.Here
- Oct 3, 2017 Science. Scientists. Scientism. Pedestals. Religion, too. & cherry-picking
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Truth
- Apr 26, 2017 Canoe Trips
- Apr 24, 2017 Oblivious. Authorities. Masks. Toast. Grief. Flowers. Purpose. Etc.
- Apr 20, 2017 The Other
- Apr 5, 2017 Learning to Walk
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 31, 2016 Man of the Year. Quote of the Year!
- Dec 30, 2016 What I had in mind, & what I got
- Dec 29, 2016 Fly on the Wall
- Dec 29, 2016 Parenthood
- Dec 28, 2016 Nobody is telling us the truth!
- Dec 24, 2016 Christmas Wish for the World
- Dec 23, 2016 Mantras to Live By
- Dec 22, 2016 Thanksgiving
- Dec 20, 2016 Hearts. Broken & … not
- Dec 18, 2016 Christmas 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 One Day on the Streetcar. Being kind…
- Dec 3, 2016 Vaccines: Miscellany, A - Z
- Nov 23, 2016 Vaccine Injuries: the untold story
- Nov 17, 2016 The Apocalypse Cometh
- Nov 13, 2016 Elephants in the Room: some thoughts…
- Nov 10, 2016 Vaccines: ‘Vaxxed’ Film … & Ironies
- Nov 6, 2016 Lollipops & Roses (not) & a great morning I had one day recently…
- Nov 4, 2016 Existential Dread
- Nov 4, 2016 Talking. About talking
- Nov 2, 2016 Quotes: My Top 10
- Oct 30, 2016 Gallows Humour **
- Sep 2, 2016 Vaccines: My Friends’ Stories. Warriors
- August 2016
- Jul 21, 2016 Vaccines: the Canadian Scene
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: 12 Things You May Not Know + Quotes, Resources, Article links
- Jul 18, 2016 Vaccines: My “Elevator Pitch”